How much light does CNTL flash "spill" into scene?

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
William Porter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,542Gear list
Like?
Re: sybersitizen is right (again) — the ANSWER
In reply to sybersitizen, Jan 11, 2013

sybersitizen wrote:

Are you sure you understand HSS? It's not just a matter of turning it on. You also have to use a high shutter speed to engage it.

I misunderstood you. I thought you were just suggesting that the HSS option being enabled in the camera would, by itself, make a difference. There are various settings in the camera that can be selected (like ADI) yet don't actually have an effect (like if you've got the flash head pointing anywhere other than straight forward) and I thought the opposite might be true — that a setting that I wouldn't actually WANT (like HSS) could have an effect on something else (the output of the triggering pulse).

I've never used HSS with indoor flash for portrait. I only have ever used it outdoors, particularly when I needed help with bright light and turned to a faster shutter and some assistance from the flash.

Will

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow