How much light does CNTL flash "spill" into scene?

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
William Porter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,667Gear list
Like?
Re: How much light does CNTL flash "spill" into scene?
In reply to robert614, Jan 11, 2013

robert614 wrote:

Have you adjusted the ratio settings on the on camera controller flash.You can set "ctrl" to "--" so the amount of light it outputs is minimal.I have sold my F43 and F58 flashes so I don't remember exactly how to do it,but I'm sure it's in the manual.

I know how to do it, but I didn't have ratio control turned on in these tests, and unless you turn it on, you can't set the ratio. So how would that matter?

Now that you mention it, though, I'm also not sure I see why the ratio control options include numbers at all, and they do. In ratio control, you can set controller to "--" but also to 1, 2, 4, 8, etc. I haven't shot with ratio control at all yet, although I have wanted to. I'm used to putting the flashes into manual and getting things to work for me that way. I'll have to play with this next.

Will

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow