How much light does CNTL flash "spill" into scene?

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
William Porter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,668Gear list
Like?
Re: How much light does CNTL flash "spill" into scene?
In reply to Allan Olesen, Jan 11, 2013

Allan Olesen wrote:

It is impossible to judge if there is little or much spill light from the controller flash compared to the slave flash when you don't use the slave for lightning up a subject.

This is what Bart7D was encouraging me to do. Well, he asked a question, and I even recognized that it was a good and fair question and tried to answer it. I just didn't think very hard about what I was doing.

It is strange that Sony doesn't sell an IR pass through filter for the controller flashes.

Maybe, but why would they? I mean, in the last hour or so, I have concluded that there's not much of a problem here to solve. If I can do a multi-flash shoot in the "normal" way (which for me simply means, at low ISO) without experiencing light spillage and without needing an IR pass-through filter, why would I want one?

Will

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow