Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
I2K4
Regular MemberPosts: 429Gear list
Like?
Cameralabs Review: FZ200 v.s. SX50
Jan 11, 2013

One of my favorite review sites, I was glad to see a mano y mano comparison of output in terms of quality and noise for both JPEG and RAW.

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_FZ200/index.shtml

I've been much more interested in the FZ200 concept of a bright lens for the full range than the much longer, much slower SX50, but my takeaway from the review is it would be hard to live with the lower image quality and noise of the Panny knowing the SX50 is that much better.  It's also clear that Panny has a clunkier menu and on screen display.

Fingers cross that Canon looks hard at FZ200 and has a serious go at what I consider a more useful concept for many or most users, who cannot count on a sunny day or packing a tripod for telephoto, and would rather shoot 400 ISO than 1600 in the same lighting.  Doing that I'd hope Canon pays some particular attention to things Panny really got right that Canon has been getting  wrong:

- a really high-resolution EVF

- ability to manually focus using the zoom controller, not the dodgy "loss-of-control wheel"

And of course keep out of the megapixel wars.

I2K4's gear list:I2K4's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow