Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Everdog
Senior MemberPosts: 4,837
Like?
Re: Oly 60mm mFT Macro is amazing
In reply to Rriley, Jan 11, 2013

Rriley wrote:

Everdog wrote:

Some have said that the new 60mm is better than the ZD50, which says a lot. It is also 1:1, has more reach, and focus much faster.

I'd challenge that. The MTF charts indicate a lens a touch sharper in the central field, but a lot, a whole lot weaker in the corners and perimeter, even at that its f/2.8 vs 50/2

Having said that it may well be a faster and better AF, I cant see any reason why it wouldnt be.

-- hide signature --

Riley
any similarity to persons living or dead is coincidental and unintended
support 1022 Sunday Scapes'

OK, so you agree the m43 lens is sharper in the center, focuses faster, is 1:1 instead of only 1:2, and has more reach.

Oh, we should also mention the m43 lens is a lot more reliable focusing.  On my old E-620 the 50mm was always painfully slow and often missed.  The m43 lens is much faster, more accurate (CDAF always is - see LensRentals test here on DPReview) and has a four-position focus limiter switch.

I guess we will have to wait for more reviews, but so far SLRGear says:

The Olympus 60mm ƒ/2.8 macro is impressively sharp. Even wide open at ƒ/2.8, the image produced is extremely sharp, with only the faintest corner softness visible; at ƒ/4, image are tack-sharp from edge to edge.

http://slrgear.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/1567/cat/14

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow