FT v MFT lenses

Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,837
Re: Oly 60mm mFT Macro is amazing
In reply to Rriley, Jan 11, 2013

Rriley wrote:

Everdog wrote:

Some have said that the new 60mm is better than the ZD50, which says a lot. It is also 1:1, has more reach, and focus much faster.

I'd challenge that. The MTF charts indicate a lens a touch sharper in the central field, but a lot, a whole lot weaker in the corners and perimeter, even at that its f/2.8 vs 50/2

Having said that it may well be a faster and better AF, I cant see any reason why it wouldnt be.

-- hide signature --

any similarity to persons living or dead is coincidental and unintended
support 1022 Sunday Scapes'

OK, so you agree the m43 lens is sharper in the center, focuses faster, is 1:1 instead of only 1:2, and has more reach.

Oh, we should also mention the m43 lens is a lot more reliable focusing.  On my old E-620 the 50mm was always painfully slow and often missed.  The m43 lens is much faster, more accurate (CDAF always is - see LensRentals test here on DPReview) and has a four-position focus limiter switch.

I guess we will have to wait for more reviews, but so far SLRGear says:

The Olympus 60mm ƒ/2.8 macro is impressively sharp. Even wide open at ƒ/2.8, the image produced is extremely sharp, with only the faintest corner softness visible; at ƒ/4, image are tack-sharp from edge to edge.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow