Nikon "MAY" have a solution for the D600 spotting problems...

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
1hawaii50
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
Nikon "MAY" have a solution for the D600 spotting problems...
Jan 10, 2013

My buddy bought a D600 2 weeks ago, and he has some spots on the sensor filter.  He called me and asked how mine was, and I told him...I started seeing some spots on the upper, left side of photos at f/5.6.  This was at 3700 actuations.  I used the rocket blower, and then did a wet-clean of the sensor filter and all is well now.  I offered to give him my cleaning supplies so he could clean his, and he decided to send it in to Nikon instead.

He told me that Nikon paid for shipping for him to ship it to them, and when he talked to them on the phone, he was told that they have a solution for the issue.  He said that they did not elaborate on what the solution is.  As soon as he gets his camera back, I'll post up exactly what his work order says was done to the camera.

As far as my camera goes, I've not noticed any wear marks, or any abrasions in/around the mirror box.  I'll continue to use my D600 (it is a wonderful camera), and I'll keep my eyes open for any issues.  I've got 10 months left on my warranty, so if there are any problems other than cleaning, then I'll send it back to Nikon.

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow