Wedding conundrum

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Questions thread
rspears
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Re: Wedding conundrum
In reply to barbossa3127, Jan 10, 2013

Here's my advice.  I would tell you to go for it.  This actually reminded me of how I got involved in wedding photography.  My background was in portraits and motorcycles.  A good friend was getting married, and just didn't have the money for an established wedding photographer.

You have the equipment you need to shoot in low light, and with higher ISO.  You'll need to be quick on your feet, changing settings on your camera from one part of the wedding to the next.  That was the one thing that always used to frustrate me... I'm methodical, which you cannot be in the fast pace of a wedding.  If you stop to think about your settings or chimp your last shot, you will miss the moment.

Research some of the best wedding photographers on the web, and see the angles, the light, the mood, and most importantly, the emotion.  Watch for the emotional moments.  Be confident.  You can do this.

Rich

-- hide signature --

f2.8 and Be There

rspears's gear list:rspears's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow