Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Robert N
Senior MemberPosts: 2,007
Like?
Re: No time?
In reply to stdavid, Jan 10, 2013

stdavid wrote:

Robert N wrote:

Well said. This notion that everyone has the time to shoot and process RAW is nonsense when we are dealing with a small/pocketable camera. There is no excuse for a company with Samsungs resources and expertise to use such heavy handed NR.

Hopefull this new camera will correct this.

I don't know what the size of the camera has to do with RAW. Post processing can be time consuming, but a simple RAW conversion is very fast. Shouldn't be a problem since you have time enough to post on a photography forum.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Robert www.sondek.smugmug.com

Size has a LOT to do with it in fact. People that want small cameras don't "usualy" don't want to do a lot of post processing especialy in RAW unlike the larger DSLR crowd. I have both by the way. I do a fair amount of RAW on my Nikon DSLR but I don't want to do that same work with a small pocket take everywhere camera.

The point is that Samsung could easily back of the agressive NR which smears details at higher ISO's.

-
Quote: Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes Oscar Wilde

Just convert your RAWs to DNG with full size JPEGs. Takes a minute for dozens of RAW files. I do have a couple of DSLRs and so far I haven't seen a JPEG engine that is remotely as good as RAW.

Regards, Robert

www.sondek.smugmug.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
3DNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow