Does such a thing exist: Non-twist camera plate for quick release systems.?

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
plevyadophy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Like?
Does such a thing exist: Non-twist camera plate for quick release systems.?
Jan 10, 2013

I have been looking around for ages, for what seems like years in fact, for a pretty universal (i.e. usuable on any camera and tripod) quick release system that has a non-twist camera plate (that's the bit that attaches to the bottom of the camera).

There are loads of options for non-twist grips (the part of the quick release system that attaches to the head of the tripod or monopod) but in nearly all cases the part that attaches to the camera can still lead to the camera twisting (i.e. unintentionally loosing from the plate).

I have seen one non-twist camera plate but it seems to be designed for specific cameras only, is rather bulky and insanely expensive (I can't remember if it is made by Custom Brackets, Really Right Stuff or some such similar company).

I have got two very nice cheap quick relase systems but they both result in twisting; I can eliminate the twisting of the grip simply by using very strong glue to make a permanent fixing of the grip to the tripod head. However, there is no way on earth I am gonna permanently fix the camera plate to the bottom of the cameras.

So can anyone out there point me to some solutions? Even though I complained about the cost of one system I have seen, at this point I am not concerned if you point me to something expensive because really what I am after right now is learning what's available (I haven't come across much).

I hope you can help.

Thanks in advance.

ANSWER:
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow