Nice review of the 60mm macro.

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gregm61
Forum ProPosts: 13,970Gear list
Like?
Re: Nice review of the 60mm macro.
In reply to SirSeth, Jan 10, 2013

SirSeth wrote:

I stumbled upon this picture driven user video review. It's an enjoyable very optimistic review. Nothing wrong with that, but don't expect a lot of charts and graphs.

In my opinion, this is one of the most interesting lenses in any mirrorless system (at least for me). It's the only 1:1 macro in mirrorless that I know of, and it seems to be brilliant on the E-M5. This combo is the one that might get me to leave my DSLR at home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB0dN5zmsBE

I'll have to take a look when I get home this evening. I do believe the Panasonic/Leica 45mm f2.8 also goes to 1:1 on its' own.

I've had the 60 Olympus Macro now for a few weeks. Excellent size. I rarely go as close as 1:1. I tend to use it for non-macro closeups where I've always been frustrated not being able to get close enough with the 45mm f1.8 (tried the Olympus closeup attachment with it....not very good), and as a short tele, both of which the 60 does really well.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow