Adobe alternatives?

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
CAcreeks
Senior MemberPosts: 6,296
Like?
Re: GIMP is highly usable
In reply to BobSC, Jan 10, 2013

BobSC wrote:

Aftershot pro's non destructive edits are neat, but not as flexible as adjustment layers, from what I've seen so far. I don't have LR.

Aftershot has better layer support than Lightroom, from what I have read. But I don't do this stuff, so cannot verify.

Do you have a way to, for example, apply a color temperature adjustment, or a curves adjustment, through a gradient mask? Also, I frequently find that when I have six or so adjustment layers, that I need to go back and change the settings on the initial adjustments after I get further along in the editing process. Being able to toggle them all is very useful.
Also, can you duplicate your regions? So for instance, if you have a gradient mask that you change levels through, can you duplicate that mask and use it for color temperature too, and then invert it and use it for contrast? Then modify the mask and populate it through the adjustments?

All those things seem possible in Aftershot.

My goal in editing is to make a photo look as much like the original scene as possible. I don't need or use all the editing features you described above. Sorry to judge, but it sounds like a huge waste of time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow