Jasonsmom
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
Re: Black Rapid R Strap
In reply to f8BeThereToo, Jan 10, 2013

MrMojo wrote:

Jasonsmom wrote:

MrMojo wrote:

It's the best travel/street photography strap I have used in over 30 years of photography. I get more and better pictures quicker and easier and with less fatigue too. My wife appreciates that I can do photography without interrupting what we are are doing.

With a thirty-day return period you can give a try before your trip.

http://www.blackrapid.com

I went to the site. It's hard to understand. Which one do you have?

I have the original R Strap with the tiny pocket that holds two memory cards. If I remember correctly I removed a prominent logo that was on the shoulder pad.

I understand the trepidation about using a camera strap when traveling. Since the R Strap places the camera above your hip and slightly behind you it is out of sight from the front and side. A jacket and other garments can hide the camera but it is still accessible. When I want my camera completely out of sight I use this bag which also carries everything that I need for a day: http://www.ebags.com/product/baggallini/messenger-sling-bagg-crinkle-nylon/47360. It's smaller than it looks on the tiny mannequin and it looks better with stuff in it i.e. less "squarish." I put a Nikon D200 and 12-24 Tokina lens in it.

I used neoprene OpTech straps for many years but the R Strap replaced them. My gear stays put and I hardly notice that it is there.

There are precautions that one can take to greatly reduce the risk of being a target for a thief. The info is in Rick Steves' classic book "Europe Through The Back Door." (The safety and general info is also good for other travel destinations.) I've utilized his advice for years and I think that it has really paid-off for me. It allows me to travel without being anxious about my safety and stuff. I've done a lot of travel in Europe and never had a problem.

I'm new remember, but I'm worried about having the camera carried behind me.  I can see that it looks comfortable & convenient, but with it on my back I'm afraid of theft or bumping into something.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow