Question for street photographers

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,451Gear list
Like?
Re: Question for street photographers
In reply to alolywu, Jan 10, 2013

alolywu wrote:

How do you do it? I'm always conscience that people don't want to be photographed without consent so how do you do it? With a 35mm FOV, you really have to be pretty close to people.

I love the street photography that I see people post but always wondered how they do it.

I use a bunch of different manual lenses: 12mm, 25mm, 35mm and a 75mm. Sometimes a 50mm.

With my GH2 I swing out the LCD and pre-focus, then quickly compose and fire with my right thumb. Sometimes I'll cover the camera with something or rest it on a lumbar pack swung around in front.

I shoot on the subway too, but learned from my days of drawing to shoot people who are diagonally across from me, NOT directly in front… unless they're asleep or otherwise involved.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow