Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ChrisJS
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
Re: Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!
In reply to Mikedigi, Jan 10, 2013

Mikedigi wrote:

...... So am I doing the wrong thing?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Absolutely not...

You use JPG at the moment, If you want to, fire up SP 3 or 5 if you have either installed and open a colourful image.  Use the 'grey balance' tool and click it on what looks like a neutral grey colour and see what happens, click on other greys and whites just to experiment - you'll get the idea.  If your are already conversant with grey balance tools then apologies....

If you want to know a little bit more about grey cards have a look at this YouTube Video - it keeps things nice 'n simple and the comments below it are also worth a read too...

Using a grey balance card and RAW is an easy way to develop an image using a perfect WB setting without camera calibration or camera controlled 'auto WB' and thereby have accurate portrayal of colours.  It works with JPGs too, but RAW is more effective.

Mind you, its not essential though, the camera most of the time does a good job with JPG or RAW and you can sort either by eye to your liking in an editor of course and there is naught wrong with that.

I've had a WhiBal that I ordered from USA donkeys years ago for just a few dollars and I use it regularly in all shooting scenarios other than 'snapshot tourist' mode.  I like the 'grey card', its simple, cheap and effective - your milage may vary .....

Kind Regards
Chris

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Me!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow