DVD rippers - DVD Fab 9 unresponsive on W8. Alternatives?

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,182Gear list
Like?
Re: Another Reason to Stay With Win 7 (NT)
In reply to Glenn Haley, Jan 10, 2013

Glenn Haley wrote:

No Text

Why?

So the OP can complain how DVDFab 9 isn't working properly on that OS either?

Your statement is invalid with incorrect presumptions against Windows 8. Your statement comes across as a biased, uninformed opinion that shows no validity to back up the claim.

1. The software manufacturer labels their software as Windows 8 compatible.
  2. If you read my following post to the OP, DVDFab 9 works on Windows 8 (I've got proof, since it works fine on my PC).  The problem is with the program, not the OS.  His issue has been documented on Windows 7 machines as well.  The recommended solution is to do a fresh install of the application and make sure he is using the latest version.

As for my audio sync issues and the profile issue with AppleTVs, again it is an application issue that is known to the software developer, it has been documented across multiple OS's (Windows 7 included), and there are fixes that are being put in place in future patches.

When an application doesn't work, people love to blame a new OS.  "Oh, that's the OS.  You should have stuck to the previous version.", "Stupid, OS.  Why can't they leave things alone.  Now my application won't work.", etc.  Little do some people realize that the application can be just as much at fault.  In this case, it is the application.

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow