Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gaze
Contributing MemberPosts: 625
Like?
Newbie to Fuji
Jan 10, 2013

This is my first post in the Fuji forum and it seems like a nice bunch of helpful people here.  I've owned several P&S cameras through the years but never a Fuji because of previous problems with purple fringe and orbs but those problems seemed to have been solved.  One thing I have always admired Fuji is the use of its larger sensor compared to most P&S cameras.

For the last week or so I've been reading the Fuji forum about the X10 and soon to be released the X20.  The X20 has really caught my eye and if the reviews are good I'll probably buy my first Fuji camera.  Two things I wished it had though was a movie button and a lens with 24-120mm but that doesn't bother me too much.  My last camera I bought was a Panasonic LX5 with a wide angle 18mm conversion lens which I'll probably just leaved attached with the Fuji X20 as my main workhorse.  I don't take that many movies so really that's not a big deal for me either.  I love taking mostly landscape photos.

This X20 seems like its got a lot of nice features and I hope they all pan out.  Of all the P&S cameras that I've used throughout the years I have always tried to use the lowest ISO setting.  With this Fuji X20 I'm going to have to think different with the base ISO at 200 instead of 100.  Of what I read at ISO 200 is where the Fuji processor works its magic including its DR.

Please clear my thinking on this:  Why or when does one ever use ISO 100 on this camera??  From Fuji's website and its photo gallery, I don't think one professional photographer used ISO 100 and the photos I've seen on this forum seem the same.  I guess I'll have to retrain my brain!… lol

Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow