Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
NumberOne
Senior MemberPosts: 1,452Gear list
Like?
Re: GH3 & Auto-ISO
In reply to ryan2007, Jan 10, 2013

ryan2007 wrote:

NumberOne wrote:

I just discovered, unfortunately, that Auto-ISO doesn't work in Manual Mode, in other words, there's no way the camera calculates/inputs the correct ISO/Exposure if you dial your values for "Aperture + Shutter Speed"... (You can't also input the minimum value for it, AFAIK!)

What was Panasonic thinking when they designed the GH3's Firmware? Did they ever used a camera?

Some may not use Manual Mode a lot, but for many of us - myself included - this just might be a deal-breaker, specially if you think about action shots!

Is there any way around, or do you think this easy (and useful) function can be expected in a future Firmware update?

Best regards,
Pedro

If you are in full manual perhaps the camera assumes Everything should be done manually. I would think if you want to go to the extent for manual exposure I would not want the camera to automatically set ISO. I would want full exposure control so I think the camera is good it does this.

For the full (manual) control you want you could (always) disable Auto-ISO for Manual Mode...

I have not tried yet, but see if Intelligent ISO works as their are Two automatic ISO modes. Either way, manual exposure would include and should include manual ISO control.

Very grateful if you could test and report back.

TIA,
Best regards,
Pedro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow