Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,116Gear list
Like?
If not When, life cycle of an OMD release & next DSLR
In reply to Jolly Oly, Jan 10, 2013

Jolly Oly wrote:

dave gaines wrote:

These aren't the most expensive SHG lenses and I'm not willing to settle for a m4/3.

so when new hybrid m4/3 camera, with state of the art sensor and fast pdaf focusing - but without a mirror and ovf - gets out, you will jump ship ?

That sounds like a foregone conclusion. That camera may appear some day a couple of years from now. It's less than a year since the EM-5 hit the market and only about 9 months since people could buy them so I doubt if Olympus will upgrade that model with a better replacement anytime soon. It would kill sales of their biggest selling camera in a few years, the EM-5.

Olympus historically offers upgrades to the E-x line every 3 to 4 years. That's why I think the next release that can optimize use of 4/3 SG, HG and SHG lenses will be an E-x and not an OMD.

Like I said, if Olympus offers a MILC with a lens adapter and hybrid, PDAF focus sensor and a video style EVF as a substitute for a large grip, rugged pro DSLR, no, I will not buy it. We'll have the E-5 to shoot with for a few years so we can take our time deciding what to do next.

-- hide signature --

Dave
No thought exists without an image. Socrates
http://whaleshark.smugmug.com

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow