Tribute to M43 tread!

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
larsbc
Forum ProPosts: 11,490
Like?
Re: Tribute to M43 tread!
In reply to SlamdunK, Jan 10, 2013

SlamdunK wrote:

Seeing pictures on this forum, following other m43 forums and personal experience make me wonder why some people insist they need FF for proffesional use.

Why?  Because micro four-thirds isn't the ideal format for ALL professional uses.  Just like 135 or APS or 120 isn't ideal for ALL professional uses.

The fact is that if you cant manage with m43 and its fantastic lenses, you should question your own skills instead of the equipment.

For many professionals, just "managing" isn't good enough.

If you buy the fastest m43 lenses the dept of field is definetly small enough as well.

For you, perhaps.  Others may require shallower depth of field at wider fields of view.

Needing a Leica or D800 is in my view nothing more than vanity.

For you, perhaps.

This recent tread with pictures from cuba is a good example: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3365086. Do people really need a Leica Monochrome?

No.

Of course you can take great photos with micro four-thirds.  You can also take great photos with smaller sensor cameras.  But just someone might have a great photo essay taken with, say, a Canon G10, doesn't mean that nobody needs an OMD.

Personally have also used it for sports, and don't have any problems at all at getting excellent pictures, even with my GF2.

Great.  Let us know how you feel about it when you start shooting for Sports Illustrated.

I am really happy I went with m43, so here I have started the tribute to M43 tread, lets hear your positives on the format!

It's less a tribute than a fan-boy rant.  If it was a tribute, it should have focused more on the good points of micro four-thirds, instead of hectoring people who prefer other camera formats.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow