Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,431Gear list
Like?
Re: Judge's choice awards: "China--People"
In reply to santamonica812, Jan 10, 2013

santamonica812 wrote:

RaptorUK wrote:

Hi,

do you plan of DQing based on this rule ?

"-IF YOU ENTERED AN IMAGE, ***PLEASE*** VOTE ON ALL OTHER ENTRIES. THIS SHOULD TAKE LESS THAN 10 MINUTES TO DO. THANKS. "

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . www.F1Album.com

If there was a way for me to verify this; I absolutely *would* DQ images where the entrant did not make an effort to vote on all images. Unfortunately, it is a bit of an empty threat . . . I can see the spread of each individual voter, but since DP takes out the username from what I can se; I don't know who that voter actually is. So, I'm still playing around with the language I use in the rules/description, to maximize turnout.

I was very very pleased at the total number of votes. Obviously, the total number meant that many people did vote on 30+ images, but that many other voters did not vote at all...or voted only only a handful of images. For now; that's a good start. I'm thinking of asking that entrants leave comments for, say, 10 images. That's something I can check on. But this raises new problems. . . all the DQ's for this violation would--by necessity--occur after the voting was finished. So, there would be a ton of blank DQ'd images scattered throughout the final tally. Something I may want to avoid.

So, the thought process continues . . .

I have to agree with the general thought about making a rule one can't really enforce. Since I plan(ned) to enforce all the rules I use(d) in my challenges, I wanted to make sure they were ones I could reasonably be able to enforce. Requiring voting by the entrants is, as you say, unverifiable.

-- hide signature --

/A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life"./
(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow