Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,311
Like?
articulated LCD
In reply to mark625, Jan 10, 2013

mark625 wrote:

PAUL TILL wrote:

You've noticed one of the downsides of having that god awful rotating LCD, there are now 5 quick access buttons missing making the camera even less user friendly.

Hi Paul! That "awful" rotating LCD is one of the things I miss the most when I jumped from Canon superzoom to Fujifilm. It's actually very useful.

For those who only shoot scenery etc. I can see the articulated LCD being unnecessary, but I missed mine when I moved from an FZ50 to a Canon XSi (dslr). That was one of the considerations when I recently upgraded from the XSi to the T3i, which got me back my articulated screen.

Look below my sig for a photo that I got with my FZ50 because of the articulating LCD, one I'd have probably not gotten otherwise.

-- hide signature --

I got this shot reaching up overhead and being able to aim the camera down into the birds' nest which I had no other way to see into. The articulated screen is a useful feature in my book.

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow