Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,410Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji hands-on at CES 2013
In reply to David V, Jan 10, 2013

David V wrote:

TThorne wrote:

Sucks about peaking. Oh well. Shows how many corners were cut and how little thought went into the details of the early models. It's days like this I hate to love Fuji.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

Fuji, like any other manufacturer, learns from their experiences with new launches. I think it was less a matter of cutting corners and more a matter hitting the target, but not the bullseye. It is very costly to do the R&D and manufacture a new product, and I'm sure they want to get as close as possible to perfection out of the gate, because they get more "re-use" out of the design in future iterations which reduces their overall product costs and maximizes profits over the life of said product line, especially if they don't have to keep re-tooling for changes to the design.

Just my thoughts.

Thats reasonable. I just scratch my head when I look at my Fuji M adapter, which they obviously put time and R & D into, ant think to myself that if they understood that they were going to not only allow, but sort of encourage the use of manual lenses with the offering of this adapter, that they would have been more prepared to provide a better MF experience within the camera.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OM-DNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow