Like?
Re: Fuji hands-on at CES 2013
In reply to Ray Sachs, Jan 10, 2013

Ray Sachs wrote:

Chris Dodkin wrote:

DonSantos wrote:

1. How is the autofocus in the x100s.

2. Is there still evf/lcd lag?

1 - Very fast - compared with Sony/Samsung/Canon EOS M/Olympus OMD - it smoked them all

This isn't credible. If it matches the OMD, its basically instantaneous. If its faster its by such a small fraction it wouldn't be noticeable. There's no way it "SMOKES" the OMD unless it knows what you want to focus on and has it prefocused before you turn the camera on. So I'm willing to hope that it matches or even comes close to matching the OMD, and I consider that VERY good news. But you're statement that it "smokes" it makes me wonder if I should listen to you at all? Nonetheless, you actually got to hold and play with one and if you say its very very good, that's good enough for me.

Question - when you put the 14mm on your X-Pro, did you use the OVF or just the EVF? If the OVF, was there any frame left beyond edge of the framelines or did the 14mm totally fill the OVF frame? Or is this where you'd need the firmware update to really be able to tell??? I could see the firmware update being needed to place the framelines correctly and get the focus box parallax offset nailed for this lens. But I'm much more interested in this lens if it will work well with the OVF than if you really need to shoot with the EVF with it, so any input is greatly appreciated...

-Ray
-------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/collections/72157626204295198/

could be also caused by slower lens to AF on OMD or not?

hexxthalion's gear list:hexxthalion's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OM-DNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow