OMD vs GH3

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
number_6
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Like?
Re: OMD vs GH3
In reply to Andrew, Jan 10, 2013

Andrew wrote:

I think you missed one of the most important points when you said you would have stuck with your Canon as it's not that much larger or heavier than the GH3. What about lenses? If you add a kit of three Panasonic zoom lenses vs. comparative lenses of similar mm from Canon then what happens to the weight of your kit? I think you'll find the Canon kit coming in 30-50% heavier. That pretty much blows away the APS-C comparison if weight is a primary issue....and that's why I sold my D7000 and lenses.

I did pay lip service to lens size, but you're quite right.  My old 24-70L weighed as much by itself as my entire OM-D kit does now.  Still, the Panasonic body being almost as large as a DSLR (larger than some entry levels) would have been a showstopper for me.

In the end, if there's a market segment to be served by a larger m4/3 body, then good on Panasonic for filling it.

number_6's gear list:number_6's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow