Tribute to M43 tread!

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,920Gear list
Like?
Re: Tribute to M43 tread!
In reply to SlamdunK, Jan 10, 2013

SlamdunK wrote:

please don't tell others their needs just because your are different. Yes m4/3rds is a great system but it doesn't meet everyone's needs and wants, some people need better low light performance, some people need more resolution, some want smaller and compact the list is endless............

-- hide signature --

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

Am I not allowed to have an opinion and express it? It is not like I am going to the other forums to gloat. And is it not part of the meaning of this forum to express your views, and discuss them? I respect that others may not agree on what I am saying, but honestly I believe very few really have a Professional need for FF compared to m43, on the contrary I belive many would benefit from using m43.

It is very different to say "Seeing pictures on this forum, following other m43 forums and personal experience make me wonder why some people insist they need FF for proffesional use." Like you wrote in your first post in this thread or to say "honestly I believe very few really have a Professional need for FF compared to m43, on the contrary I belive many would benefit from using m43." Like you wrote thi your second post.

The truth is that there are very few amateurs needing FF IQ given the way they are printing or displaying their pictures. But the generalization you made in your first post shows that you lack any knowledge of how a pro works. mst if the time a pro will have different kinds of tools (camera systems) and he will use the tools he needs to get the job done, but not what is overkill. He needs reliable tools with backup and a pro support service. He needs to make sure he won't miss a shot. He will go with the tools he knows best to avoid failing of gear. MFT dn't yet there. Olympus for instance tated clearly Nile launching the E-M5 : it isn't a pro level camera. Panasonic seems to have other ambitions with the GH3, but that lies more with video than with stills.

Pro however, at least those still in love with photography will happily use an mft camera for their private photography, for holidays and family pictures, or even for their private work if they think it is enough for their goal.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow