Portability v Quality are we obsessed by size?

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ASR45
Forum ProPosts: 32,911Gear list
Like?
Re: Portability v Quality are we obsessed by size?
In reply to ianbrown, Jan 10, 2013

Its always a compromise , as i suffer from a bad back ect, had to let the {sigmonster} aka 300-800 bazooka to go. I have had loads of small cameras to many to mention, some produce excellent IQ.

As you say all depends on needs, even some of the SZ dare i say can produce pleasing results, and have come a long way since the early days.

It would be hard to predict the future with digital cameras, but might be some where along the lines of a SZ type camera where changing lens would be old fashioned and not needed, as one size fits all.

Probably some way off, but they are getting better all the time what with wifi, Gps, on board software gimmicks ect, what next i find myself saying. All good stuff and going in the right direction.

You know i have always fancied spectacles for the future that can double as a camera, you look at a place as far as the eye can see, and say snap, and then hey fiddly dee, ala shazam, your photo is taken and sent to a wifi device or computer for viewing later.

What do you think.  

-- hide signature --

Alan.

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon PowerShot G12 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow