Focus on Emount 55-210

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
mpetersson
Regular MemberPosts: 355Gear list
Like?
Re: Focus on Emount 55-210
In reply to FuzzyQball, Jan 10, 2013

FuzzyQball wrote:

Would face detect help with your portait focus issues? Spot focus would definately help as well.

-- hide signature --

Glenn

Spot-focus helps a little, but not as much as I would like. I could try face-recognition I guess. The thing that i find most disturbing about these focus-issues is that I found my Panasonic GF1 to have much better accuracy, and that camera is much older than the NEX-7. The Panasonic was also on the slow side, but it was very accurate once it found focus. I have been discarding a lot more photos with the NEX than with the GF1 which is not really acceptable. Of course a vast majority of the photos are still ok and those are superior to the ones from the GF1 in every way.

I just hope that Sony can fix these focus issues, both speed and accuracy, since it seems other mirrorless cameras are a step ahead in this regard. I have never used the OM-D, but most people seem to agree it's a lot faster.

-- hide signature --

Sony NEX-7, Sigma DN 19 & 30, Sony E 50 f1,8, Sony 16 2,8. Lots of Sony A-glass and more legacy glass than I can count.

mpetersson's gear list:mpetersson's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow