calterg
Regular MemberPosts: 426
Like?
Re: Just bought the Sony NEX-6
In reply to demarren 123, Jan 10, 2013

demarren 123 wrote:

calterg wrote:

Braddy11 wrote:

Should there be any standard settings that i should do to camera when i first get/use it ?

Just two.

1. Press Menu >Setup>scroll to "Color space">select "Adobe RGB".

This will ensure you will maximise the color information when shooting RAW, giving you better jpeg output in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Sorry but I would do thad is change the color mode iff the op not even know how to operate his camera.

I recoment to leaf it like the way it is setup.

Ecept iff you realy know what you are doing.

Btw you need an calibrated monitor if you want to work with adobe rgb.

2. Set the diopter for the Electronic View Finder, it's a VERY small scroller on the right side of the viewfinder. Look through the EVF and scroll until the text in the evf is clearest.

All the other buttons you will need time to get used to with your own shooting preferences.

And, READ THE MANUAL.

-- hide signature --

My english is poor.Try to Understand
Nikon D70s,Nikon D90,LX3,DP-1 Samsung NX100 G11 S95
Sony Nex3
______

If one will only shoot jpeg, then this setting will not be necessary.

If shooting RAW, it will be mandatory as the extra color information in the RAW file will be utilised by photoshop and lighroom to generate better jpeg files.

Monitor calibration is a must these days and easily done with budget Spyder Express 3 and similar calibrators. Otherwise it's a waste spending all that money on good camera gear.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow