Nikon D800 or Oly OM-D?

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Paul Crouse
Junior MemberPosts: 46
Like?
Re: Why are you looking at a D800?
In reply to xador, Jan 10, 2013

I don't mean to be rude, but why are you even considering a D800? From reading your post, it sounds like you don't have so much experience with photography.

The D800 is an extremely high grade professional tool. If you are not highly technically proficient, then it is completely a waste of your money. It is the kind of a camera best used on tripod. Are you going to make 2 meter wide enlargements?

I see lots of folks on this website get caught up on the "I have to have the best" syndrome and then they are very disappointed when the get their new dream camera and find out that they don't get good very good pictures because they don't know how to use these amazing complex machines. I studied photography in college and then I still only knew the basics.

It sounds like you would be better of with something more consumer oriented. Something small and easy to use that will give you good image quality. If you have child, a Nikon V2 would be better for you. Great, fast autofocus and the ability to shoot videos. Press the button and get great shots. An OMD would be fine -- but maybe too complex -- I have heard that the menu system can be difficult.

Almost any modern camera will give you beautiful pictures. Small, fast and easy will be the best if you have a new child.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Paul Crouse

www.PaulCrousePhoto.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow