Jessops goes into administration

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
DutchMM
Contributing MemberPosts: 779Gear list
Like?
Re: Jessops goes into administration
In reply to rob_b, Jan 10, 2013

It's sad, but as Rob says, they didn't really do themselves any favours.  Their stock lines were limited, and so were their premises.  I recently visited their shop in BlueWater (a large and upscale shopping mall - by UK standards) and it was very small.   Larger than a UK first class stamp, more Romania or San Marino size.  The Sony stuff on display was:

2 Sony Alpha lenses (35/1.8, 30/2.8 Macro)

2 Tamron Alpha lenses (70-300 and I forget)

a65 Body

a77 Body

No NEX, as far as I could see, and the staff were pushing the Canikon material.  I didn't notice any sense of impending doom; just that they didn't have any thing I was interested in buying.  Supporting your local retailer is good, but only if he sells, or is prepared to obtain, the stuff you want.

So Jessops sold me the $10 diffuser for my Sigma EF-610 Super, but I bought the gun from WEX because they had the stock and a price which was better than Amazon's.

-- hide signature --

Paypal? Just say "No!"

DutchMM's gear list:DutchMM's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow