ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Braddy11
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Just bought the Sony NEX-6
Jan 10, 2013

Hello..

I have browsed these forums a bit over the last few days.. and intend on doing a lot more now ive made my purchase, so thought i would post for some pointers

I am so newb at photography and cameras it is not funny.. ive only ever used a basic camera. think my last one cost $99 or something?

Anyways.. I am travelling to Vietnam next month, and wanted a camera to take nice pictures while I am there. I always love looking at photos.. but never been all that skilled at it.

For the past 2 weeks, Ive been tossing up between the X-E1 and the NEX-6 (2 weeks ago i was planning on buying a Canon S95?)..

I had been leaning towards the NEX-6, but really liked the style of the X-E1... Anyways.. ended up with the NEX-6, mainly due to the difference in cost (couldnt justify it for style only).. and the cost in lenses too...

Ive got my camera.. now what? I currently only have the 16-50mm kit lens..

1. I would like to take macro pictures.. should I purchase the sont e-mount mACRO LENS?? Any tips on taking macro photos? or even a link to a decent tutorial?

2. I have Photoshop.. and i have (but not installed) Lightroom 4.3? anything else i should look out for?

3. Any additional lens(es) i should pick up before my trip? I think the 16-50mm should be ok for walking around photos? scenery? What about for sitting around eating at a resturant with friends?

[edit]

4. Any general pointers on using this thing?

[/edit]

I just took a look at my new camera and immediately feel i have bitten off more then i can chew.. but i am hoping with time.. i can take some great looking pictures (wouldnt mind some artsy ones too... i do love the brokeh(??) style..

sorry for the long post... im a rambler...

Brad

Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow