Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
santamonica812
Contributing MemberPosts: 800
Like?
Judge's choice awards: "China--People"
Jan 10, 2013

Thanks so much participants (and voters!) for helping in my first challenge.  I was inspired by how many of you got the idea of environmental portraiture.  It was easy to select about 10 that I really loved.  After several re-visits to those images, here were the ones that called to me the most.

I now see that all 4 have some things in common:  At least one interesting facial expression, and none of them was looking directly at the camera.  For those who submitted other amazing shots . . . don' worry--I definitely did appreciate your artistry, you came a whiskers-breath away from being one of my selections, and you should all be damn proud . . . the majority of the images submitted were better than all 3 of my sample images.

We ended up with over 800 votes!  And when I looked at the individual voting patterns, there was almost no examples of the blatant sandbagging I have seen a few other times.  (e.g., someone giving a bunch of very low votes and one high vote)  Again, thanks so much to the voters . . . I hope we can keep it up in my future challenges.

These are the top 4 images--shown to you in no particular order.

Collectively, they definitely capture the Chinese spirit (to my eyes, anyway)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow