Samyang (or equivalent) 14mm or 8mm?

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
xpistos
Regular MemberPosts: 255
Like?
Re: Samyang (or equivalent) 14mm or 8mm?
In reply to pako, Jan 10, 2013

:-)pako wrote:

Hi,

the 8mm is a Fisheye lens, not an UWA.

I understand the 14mm is a great lens. But I won't hesitate to recommend you the new SEL 10-18mm f4

-- hide signature --

Pako Dominguez
-----------------------
www.phototeka.net

I know about the 10-18, but it is a bit expensive for me, at about $850.

Part of my problem is that I am not entirely sold on the Sony NEX system yet... I have the NEX-6, sold the kit lens and bought the two sigma lenses over the holidays (money-wise I made $50 selling the kit lens and buying the two sigmas).

But I also have a Nikon camera (d700) that I like, and I use when my kids do their sports... I am convinced that the images from the Nikon are more noise-free than the Sony's, and that there is no contest when it comes to AF speed and accuracy. But now that I am playing with the Sony more than the Nikon, every time I pick up the Nikon it seems larger and heavier than before!!

What I am trying to say is, I am not ready to be spending my lens and acessories budget in buying exclusive sony E mount stuff... I am thinking about buying Nikon stuff and using them via adapters on the Sony.  That way I lose in AF and gain in weight, which seems to be defeating the purpose.

But I like the Sony...here is a picture I took, which I like, even if the OOF lights are distracting!

christos

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow