Einstein 640

Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jack A. Zucker
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,539
Like?
Re: Cyber Transmitter just failed
In reply to pursang, Jan 10, 2013

pursang wrote:

Agreed. I made the mistake of switching to elinchrom after I had a few problems with the AB stuff and it was a HUGE mistake. Extremely unreliable but worse, the customer service and support was truly horrid. Paul Buff's support is amazing.

I cannot tell you how difficult it has been working with other firm's customer service departments. I believe most should be remained to "Sale Prevention Units." In my own experience, interacting with PCB is like having a friend in the biz.

Agreed. I wouldn't recommend elinchrom to anyone after that experience. As someone said earlier, no product is perfect but when you have a problem buff takes care of you. I got my replacement transmitter in 2 days. It took 5 weeks and 6 weeks respectively to get my 3 month old flash unit repaired when dealing with elinchrom. I asked elinchrom if they could send me a replacement and send the defective unit back but they ignored my request. Buff sent me out a new unit right away.

I also contacted Scott Kelby since he's pushing the elinchrom line and I described the issues I was having but apparently he's too big to be concerned with anything but his endorsement deals.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow