If you had $1500 to $2000 to spend for a desktop for CS6, what would you choose.?

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Questions thread
calson
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,300
Like?
Re: If you had $1500 to $2000 to spend for a desktop for CS6, what would you choose.?
In reply to bellflier, Jan 10, 2013

I paid less than $800 for a HP tower that came with i7 processor, 8GB of RAM and can expand to 16GB, has USB 3.0 and 1GB Ethernet, fast video card, 750GB hard drive and space for 3 more drives and includes provision for setting up two of the hard drives for RAID, 24x DVD burner, and the video card supports two monitors. Oversize power supply will handle dual video cards. And with this HP CMT mini-tower which is considered a business use computer I got 3 years of full support, parts, labor, and onsite repair.

I can mirror two fast data drives and have instantaneous backups of all my work which is what I now do on my Mac Workstation (which has 6 internal hard drives in all).

With a $800 purchase price and a good size cabinet and power supply it is easy to upgrade the graphics card or hard drives as desired. It also has a removable i7 processor mounting so I can upgrade the processor in the future if I want to do so.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow