An Interesting Article

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
altair8800
Senior MemberPosts: 1,228
Like?
Re: That does look like the logical path to follow
In reply to TrapperJohn, Jan 10, 2013

TrapperJohn wrote:

Personally, I'd love to have seen the E5 retooled with the new sensor. But, the harsh reality is: the giants Canon and Nikon are getting out of the high end APS DSLR market: the 7D and D7000 are being replaced with the FF 6D and D600. If they're throwing in the towel, I don't see any less than FF DSLR from anyone selling well.

I have a E-3, but my main camera is a 7D. The 6D is in no way a replacement for the 7D. I could afford the 1Dx or 5D3, but consider them (and 6D) a downgrade for birds and wildlife. Most owners of D300 want D400, not D600.

I'm just glad Oly is building a body with a hot sensor that will AF my ZD's fast. The result isn't perfect, but it's better than total obsolescence. Those lenses are too good to become obsolete.

The result is far from perfect. I bet Oly puts the OM-D sensor in the E-5 body and improves AF. If not, I wait for the 7DII. Or D400.

Remember what Ogawa said: "Of course, we're reaching a high level of performance with our Micro Four Thirds mirrorless product, but we are still not satisfied with these at the professional level. That's why we think we still need the E-System to satisfy professional photographers."

No professional OM-D. Those lenses will not become obsolete.

Dan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow