stdavid
Senior MemberPosts: 1,835
Like?
Re: I think it 's pretty good.
In reply to wictred, Jan 9, 2013

wictred wrote:

Joe Melillo wrote:

sj2 wrote:

I have been thinking of getting a NX. Like the lens line up but looks like the NX200 left much to be desired in the sensor department. Any idea if the NX300 has a much different sensor?

What makes you think so? I find that the sensor in the nx 1000 is excellent up to ISO 1600. I'm not measuring test patterns. I just know what I see.

The nx1000 sensor is not really able to compete with other modern APS-C sensors when it comes to DR (especially highlights, see also the nx200 review http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/samsungnx200/11 ).

Also ISO 1600+ IQ is a bit behind other sensors, however the results up to ISO 400 are great.

No big issue. Some reviewers mentioned that it makes sense to expose a little bit to the left to prevent blown highlights, which can happen quite easily on the NX200 (I assume it's the same on the NX1000).

It's not just a sensor issue with Samsung IMO, it's also the heavy handed way they handle N/R that has always put me off. Hopefully it wil lbe less obtrusive or at least have some way of turning it off/down.

-- hide signature --

Quote: Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes Oscar Wilde

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
3DNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow