What are the specific difference in capabilities between the Nikon D5100 and D7000 cameras?

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ScottHullinger
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
What are the specific difference in capabilities between the Nikon D5100 and D7000 cameras?
Jan 9, 2013

What are the specific differences in capabilities between the Nikon D5100 and D7000 cameras?

I'm replacing an old Fuji DSLR with another Nikon style DSLR  DX format camera.  I have a D5100, but it will not autofocus with the Nikon de-focus control lenses.   I can only manual focus with those lenses.

I'm not interested in cameras with video capabilities ,or whatever.   I just want a damn good Nikon camera that will focus with ALL of my old Nikon autofus lenses, but specifically, with the lenses I mentioned.   FYI, I had a brain injury a few years ago, and I'm having a hard time surfing this dprview website to find what I need, if such information actually exists.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5100 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow