Sal Baker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,657Gear list
Like?
Re: best way to get the best prints?
In reply to steveohim, Jan 9, 2013

steveohim wrote:

Sal Baker wrote:

steveohim wrote:

whats everyones opinion on getting the best prints from their printer?using genuine inks with genuine paper?

Almost all manufacturing is outsourced to other companies these days. The iPad is built in China by Foxconn with screens made by Samsung and others. This doesn't mean the iPad is not a genuine Apple product.

In the case of inks and papers, I consider the word "genuine" to mean the products are made to Epson specs, tested for compatibility and quality control, and marketed and warranted by Epson. It also means you can usually count on having access to very high-quality canned paper profiles.

Buying "genuine" Epson papers and inks provides a layer of accountability and trust, but you will pay $$ for the privilege.

Sal

Yeah I see what you mean.i wonder where canon get their inks made,I just ordered a set from first call

Canon is so huge they may actually make their own ink in-house, who knows.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow