An Interesting Article

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
goblin
Senior MemberPosts: 2,649Gear list
Like?
Re: Interesting Article drawing Eternal Optimists to 1022
In reply to dave gaines, Jan 9, 2013

dave gaines wrote:

I'm not sure where to put this conversation? Entertaining as it may be for many of you to speculate on a new m4/3 camera, it doesn't have much value here on Olympus DSLR Talk.

The conversation is about an article commenting the possible demise of Olympus DSLRs. As such, speculations about whether there will or will not be an other Olympus 4/3 DSLR body released, and if not - what would replace it - are fully on topic in my opinion.

If any speculation different from "Yes, there WILL be another Oly DSLR !!! " is forbidden, it would be a good thing to put it clearly in the forum rules, so we can spare everyone's time.

I could see Olympus offering a new grip that attaches to a HG or SHG lens like a lens collar. The basic shutter and camera controls of a Pen or OM-D could be pushed to the center of the lens where better balance would be achieved. It could be an integral part of this new mmf adapter that m4/3 owners are dreaming about.

That would be more likely what many owners of 4/3 lenses would dream about. mFT owners wouldn't care much about it, as many of them don't come from 4/3 at all and probably don't even know HG and SHG lenses exist. There are more shades in nature than black and white.

goblin's gear list:goblin's gear list
Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-400 +31 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow