Opinions/input appreciated!

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
number_6
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Like?
Re: Opinions/input appreciated!
In reply to kevkelsar, Jan 9, 2013

kevkelsar wrote:

Hmm, the PM2 is about double the price of the G3. Does it offer that much more to be worth double the price?

thanks for the input and suggestions so far. I'm pretty set on the PL 25mm f/1.4 lens, so that does take up most of my budget, which I would put around $800. The wife is already dreading any mention of a new camera, so keeping the shock down is preferable.

The E-PM2 and E-PL5 both are the newest generation of PEN cameras from Olympus and have the newest sensor technology (same sensor as the E-M5).  By all accounts, this latest generation of sensors is a huge leap forward in image quality from the older generation.  That is, it isn't an incremental improvement - rather a large improvement, particularly in high ISO/low light performance.

To put it another way, the latest generation of sensors finally reached the point where they are "good enough" to woo many DSLR users into m4/3.

The PL 25mm lens is a gem.  You'll love it.

number_6's gear list:number_6's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow