How bad is it really in your part of Europe? Personal experiences?

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
newmikey
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,849Gear list
Like?
Let me tell you how bad it is:
In reply to 28to70, Jan 9, 2013

-My compulsory health insurance is priced identically to last year (€1160 for the whole year fully covering both me and my 2 teenage kids for just about any major medical calamity) but coverage has come down a bit: the birthcontrol pill is no longer covered and the same goes for walking aids for the elderly.

-My new car is being delivered next week and I actually have to pay to get my old car cleaned before I turn it in.

-My daughter is contemplating renting a holiday villa in Portugal this summer with a group of friends (all 17-18 year olds) but she may balk at the expense and go to Italy instead.

-My wife has decided to take a semi-sabbatical, accepting less new orders in her own business.

-The number of passengers going through Amsterdam Schiphol airport was on the rise last year as more Dutch flee the wet summer and go South.

-The newly introduced, high-priced Jamie Oliver pre-cooked luxury meals at the quality supermarkets were not a great success this Xmas.

-I have a legal right to 26 yearly vacation days plus 8 so-called ADV days (days off that can be freely scheduled by the employer) but since last year the first 20 of those are no longer valid for the customary 5 years (cumulative) and I actually have to use 'm or loose 'm. My starting balance for 2013 is 41.5 days (8 full weeks).

I agree, thing are really spiralling downward pretty fast!

PS: never seen such a load of crock in my entire life. Guy who wrote that blog probably cannot point out Germany on a worldmap to begin with. He certainly does not know the difference between Europe, the EU and the Eurozone by the looks of it and he has forgotten the Scandinavian countries, Low Countries, Germany, France and Switzerland have just about the highest living standard in the world, full stop.

-- hide signature --
 newmikey's gear list:newmikey's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow