What is your most desired firmware improvement for the E-M5?

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 18,291Gear list
Like?
Hidden feature
In reply to rrr_hhh, Jan 9, 2013

rrr_hhh wrote:

Brian Mosley wrote:

I would like to be able to set a minimum shutter speed for use with Auto ISO and Aperture Priority shooting.

You know that the flash synch speed you choose has an influence on the lowest speed accepted for auto ISO ( but still you can't set it below 1/focal length equivalent, if I remember correctly, inspite of IBIS.

That hidden feature of changing the minimum speed that flash will use having an effect on Auto ISO behaviour is common on all firmware through Pens/OM-D.

Custom Menu F - [Flash] Slow Limit

My E-PL1 is default 1/60 sec (from memory) and changing it to 1/30 sec makes Auto ISO behave better for me.

Then when it's time for flash I always go Manual mode and select whatever speed and aperture and ISO that I think will do the job best and ignore the automation. The TTL flash usually does the right thing.

Regards..... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow