Review of Pentax K-5 II

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Questions thread
Twong
Regular MemberPosts: 433Gear list
Like?
Re: Review of Pentax K-5 II
In reply to cornmd, Jan 9, 2013

I have the original K-5 and decided not to upgrade at this time but did buy a K-01 instead. I have my K-5 for just over 2 years and do expect to use it for may be another year or two. HOWEVER, I highly doubt that I will be using it for another eight years which is almost eternity in the digital age. Unless there are some critical features that I need (or want), I tend to buy cheaper body and spend much more on lenses. The value of my lens collection is ~5X the value of the camera bodies.

cornmd wrote:

Hi,

thanks a lot for the awnser so far.

I think I'm going to buy a K-5 II. But this is a lot of money and I would only spend 1400€ (1800$) for this camera when I'm sure that this camera works at least ~8 years. Does it?

Thanks for the hint according to the Amateurs Photography Magazine. I hope that I can get it in Germany.

Does someone know how long it will take until dpreview has tested the pentax K-5 II?

Thanks!

Twong's gear list:Twong's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow