Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kazkioken
Contributing MemberPosts: 512
Like?
RX100 mounted on the DJI Phantom Quadcopter
Jan 9, 2013

As if I needed another hobby to suck all my time, this new DJI Phantom is pretty awesome as an entry point into aerial photog/video using quads. I just tried a quick test with the RX100 and it works really well.

http://vimeo.com/57045097

The Phantom is tiny, fits in a backpack with the landing gear and props off. Like all the rc quads these things aren't toys...they can chop up babies and dogs and your hand into chopped salad. It's got the NazaM gps system so it's pretty stable for newbies - check your local laws and stuff at least in California the FAA has banned the use of any rc copters for commercial purposes. But if you've got a nice open space in your property or you're out hiking or something it's pretty awesome.

Here's a photo of it with one of my Hero3's on it. The RX100 just mounts the same way upside down on that vibration mount I got off eBay.

-- hide signature --
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow