An Interesting Article

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
goblin
Senior MemberPosts: 2,611Gear list
Like?
Re: An Interesting Article
In reply to jim stirling, Jan 9, 2013

jim stirling wrote:

I personally wouldn't consider the heavier though excellent SHG lenses for use on a mFT body ( pro designation or not)

I would add "currently existing" to "mFT body" to stay correct.

Small size is a possible, not a mandatory feature of a mFT body. It has so far been a matter of choice for mFT body manufacturers, but one has to admit that they were not exactly flooding the market with pro mft bodies neither.

The GH-3 is a good example of a step in the right direction.

Absolutely nothing prevents any of the two manufacturers from releasing an mft body the size of a D4 - small size is not a mandatory requirement.

While I doubt Olympus would release a pro mft body the size of an E-5 or D4, I can see them digging in their pre - 4/3 heritage.

A company who was not afraid to release the TCON-300s extension back in the E-10/E-20 times (said TCON being quite a monster, but a pretty nice one) wouldn't be afraid of releasing something really ergonomic as far as grips go. I am still dreaming about a modular camera from them.

goblin's gear list:goblin's gear list
Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-400 +31 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow