Epson R2880 Ink Lights all on, Love/Hate, and a bit of whining...

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
dperez
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
Re: The R2880 nozzles are smaller...
In reply to jtoolman, Jan 9, 2013

At the moment, it sounds like the R3880 is as inexpensive as the R3000 (given the inks).  And, I'd have the ability to print larger, which would be nice, especially for doing canvas.  So, I just put one on order.

I rarely do panoramas, and since I can just cut the roll paper, I'd still be able to print up the 37 or 38 inches long...  I've also heard that there are RIPs that'll make the 3880 print longer...

I did get a recommendation from the Epson repair center to use a program like "Harvey Printhead" to make the printer automatically print every so often.  And, they recommended a cover, which I also just ordered.  The guy recommended being VERY careful if I do the wet sponge on a plate under the printer cover.  They've gotten in printers that actually had rust because of the high humidity...

I'm too old and grumpy to put up with equipment that doesn't work, so it's time to let it go...  I"ll put the 2880 on Ebay for parts.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow