Fujifilm X-Trans RAW processed in Capture One 7.0.2 Beta vs Lightroom 4.2

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
David Hardaway
Regular MemberPosts: 176Gear list
Like?
Re: Fujifilm X-Trans RAW processed in Capture One 7.0.2 Beta vs Lightroom 4.2
In reply to mr moonlight, Jan 9, 2013

mr moonlight wrote:

I think we have a winner here. When the full version comes out, I'll be switching to C1... unless Adobe puts something equal or better out. It looks like they resolved all the problems that I've experienced with processing the X-trans files with ACR/LR. Previously, I avoided my X-pro1 for any professional print use. Looks like I may not have to anymore.

I agree 100% that C1 has it down.  I have been using ACR/LR as my main workflow. Now that I have added the X-E1 to my Canon 5DMIIs kit I want to be able to use same workflow which is not possible with LR since it doesn't render RAF files correctly.

I have been testing C1 along side LR ouput and the differences are not only noticeable with the X-Trans RAF files. When I compare my Canon RAW output from LR to C1 I end up with a much better image.

Only one issue I struggle with that I am trying to get over.  The LR interface is much more polished and easier to use.  I am willing to learn the C1 because it is so much better, but I am reluctantly hopeful that ACR/LR will make some improvements fast, otherwise when the C1 is released I will make the permanent switch away from LR. the switch to C1 is most likely what will happen.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
David
www.photographybydmichael.com

David Hardaway's gear list:David Hardaway's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NDANew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow