Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
sherman_levine
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,242Gear list
Like?
Re: Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!
In reply to ChrisJS, Jan 9, 2013

ChrisJS wrote:

sherman_levine wrote:

......... Is there any advantage to using the multi-color card in place of a simple grey card? Clearly one can define differences in color balance by comparing the entire multi-color card to the photograph, but do you actually use the individual colors in some manner?

Hi Sherm,

I've never used a ColorChecker but from what I understand the advantages would be minimal and then probably in a studio situation.

The chart’s color patches have spectral reflectances intended to mimic those of natural objects such as human skin, foliage, and flowers so this may help in certain situations but more so the in professional side or serious dedicated amateurs - not really FZ200 territory .

When you then load a raw file into a RAW editor these programs decide which model camera was used and loads an appropriate profile. If your workflow is adobe based then DNG profiling may be an advantage compared to the standard adobe conversion but in truth I do not know.

With SP and the FZ200 even if DNG profiling was possible (it isn't) I do not think there would be an advantage as SP and Panasonic appears well linked.

Personally I use a grey card when colours are important or in artificial lighting situations and SP gets the colours right after WB alignment.

Kind Regards
Chris

Thank you

Sherm

sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Me!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow