kit lenses for the K-01

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
djrocks66
Senior MemberPosts: 1,091Gear list
Like?
Re: kit lenses for the K-01
In reply to Russell Dawkins, Jan 9, 2013

Russell Dawkins wrote:

I ordered a black K-01 with the 40mm 2.8 prime lens from Henry's in Toronto for $369 (with free shipping!) on January 4th. They were out of stock but they said to order and pay to secure the sale price regardless of their cost on the new stock, which I gladly did. Two days ago I got notice it had shipped and is due tomorrow.

Now to sit back and decide at my leisure between a Pentax 17-70 which I favor but haven't found used yet, an 18-135 for $340 or a 16-45 with UV and PL filters for $280 that I have leads on.

I'm already enjoying this, and I haven't got the camera yet!

I have to say I am really looking forward to owning a Pentax, having had a soft spot for them for 40 years or so - not being a photo enthusiast, but nevertheless noticing their picture quality and appreciating their understated style and good feel in the hand.

The quirkiness of the K-01 suits my style, too. I like the idea that the "Fisher Price" styling may put subjects at ease and disarm other camera buffs.

Thanks one more time for the very helpful advice on this.

Congrats on the camera! I would pick up the 16-45 for it is a great value to get a wide and short tele focal range with good glass. 16mm is a big difference from 18mm on the wide end and even 17mm. I have this lens and it is quite sharp on my K-01.

djrocks66's gear list:djrocks66's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow